Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Vacations versus Real Life

Recently I have been having money woes (I know, everyone has them). I feel like I am in an odd situation because I make pretty good money, especially for being a single person with no kids, etc. but am always broke. Always broke in the sense that I have no money left over at the end of every month. I know why so it's not like I have to sit down and figure out where my money goes...I have a house payment, a HOA payment, a car payment, all those other house bills, cell phone bills and credit card payments. It's very stressful to be in a situation where you make money but you spend it all as well, and really feel like you have nothing to show for it. I kind of jumped into buying my condo without fully thinking it through. Living in an apartment the same size, if I were renting, I would be spending half the money a month that I do right now. I would also owe taxes at the end of the year and my credit wouldn't look at good. There's always pro's and con's to every situation. I was talking to my mom the other day at lunch and I've been discussing my vacation this year. Anyone who knows me knows that I take my vacations VERY seriously. I'm not a big fan of taking time off work and doing things like staying home and remodeling my condo (which is why after 1.5 years it still looks like I just moved in). I like to travel the world. I have been to Mexico a few times, Europe a few times, Australia, New Zealand and to a few places in the states. My mom asked me, if money wasn't an issue, where would I go. I used to hate questions like that because I would always think to myself "It doesn't matter because money is an issue." But recently I realized that dreams are dreams and the more you visualize them, the more likely you will do everything in your power to make them happen. It's still hard because I know that in July when I am taking my vacation I won't be able to afford what I really want to do (go to Belize and go sea kayaking) but I will be able to do something fun, like whitewater rafting with my sister. But I know that sooner rather that later, I will be able to travel to all those places on my list of destinations I've always wanted to go because I have taken actions, while hard to live with something now, will pay off in the end and give me the life I really want.

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

barely on the topic but i was actually sitting there the other day thinking we should paint your living room! How random am I? I was thinking a neat dark purple or something on one wall with some beigy goldy kinda color...i dunno, but i thought it would be soooooo fun and a neat way to perk up your place. also...i got food poisoning AGAIN seriously so i'm not having anyone over now. phooey

misguidedmommy said...

dude can you see my comments? I wanna paint Brandons bathroom because its the last room in the house, however if I paint it then I'm all out of rooms to paint in the house. Maybe I could repaint the square wall in my living room (side note, if I ever decided to do that you would have to come and dig my body out of a ditch because Rob would kill me if I tried to move that bookshelf again!!!)

misguidedmommy said...

hey look you fixed the "f" in life

Stephanie said...

I know how you are feeling and am trying really hard to do something about it. It is super hard to get ahead, but with work it can happen.