Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

GROCERY SHOPPING AT SMITH'S ALWAYS MAKES MY DAY

Trust me, I realize that I choose an odd title for my very first official blog but I really do enjoy grocery shopping. First of all, one of the things that I have come to learn about myself since I moved out on my own is that I am not (and most likely will never be) one of those girls that writes grocery lists and that plans out my meals for the next 2 weeks. However I am the kind of girl that will by food for 1 or 2 meals and a few snacks and the necessities at a time. Because this is how I work, it means that I visit grocery stores 3 or 4 times a week. Mind you most of those visits are in the $10-30 range and take me anywhere from 10-30 minutes. I have come to think of it as my after work de-stressing time. Yes, in general I enjoy grocery shopping because my mind wanders all over the store with the ideas of wonderful meals I can make and yummy desserts I can bake. Sometimes I stand in an isle staring and thinking about all the things I could make for what seems like forever (it's probably like 30 secs but it feels like forever).

And as if that isn't enough I have come to learn that grocery stores are OVERFLOWING with good looking single men, especially in the hours when people are getting off of work. Certain grocery stores however tend to have good looking men attached at the hip to good looking women. Trader Joe's in one of those store. You would think that a hip store like Trader Joe's would be teaming with single, funky outdoorsy, environmentally friendly good looking men. It's not because they all seem to be attached to some funky outdoorsy, environmentally friendly gook looking woman. So needless to say I shop at Trader Joe's because they have good food at a decent price, not for their meat market. My recent discovery is the Smith's on South Meadows Parkway. Now I used to always shop at Scolari's which I've realized is like retiree central but I went to Smith's the other night. Now I've been to Smiths before but never right after I get off work. Hello Sexy Guy Central! That night I coyly flirted with Mr. Cargo Pants with the White Truck (sorry I never caught his name). It was innocent flirting, but that great kind of innocent flirting that makes you feel like your a powerful woman who could attract any man, that is if she wanted. Tonight I met Mr. Funny Hat guy. So ok, his hat was ridiculous but his eyes made up for it. He said hi as we were both walking into the store (so cute and nervous, I love men that don't know how cute they are). We continued our flirting as I picked up a bottle of wine, some milk and some veggies and he picked up a steak, some milk (I know what your thinking, it was fate...we both needed milk) and a 6 pack. For all my friends who are saying that they need more details, no phone numbers were exchanged, maybe next time I go. I was just in need of a good boost after my day at work today and there is nothing like the feeling you get flirting with a sexy guy (even if he is wearing a funny hat).

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't even know where to start. First I feel like a total shit for not telling you about the super hottyness at smiths. Serious, sometimes they are so hot I find myself walking into the soup display. Dammit, it never occured to me that you could actually talk to those guys though.

Second I also love Smiths, Scolaris, and anything with the word Grocery in it. I was there yesterday too but I was there at 4:30. Darnit. I got stuff to make roasted red bell pepper soup and then a separate asparagus artichoke soup. I made the red pepper one and I'm not so sure about it.

Whatever I am so excited you have a blog and even more excited that I WAS YOUR FIRST COMMENT!!!!

Stephanie said...

How fun that you are in the blog world now. It gets addicting! I am going to remember this post for when I start grocery shopping. I am definitely in need of some super hottiness!!!