Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

So I have a problem...

I got an email from one of the girls at my work saying she is starting a book club with some other girls at my work and some of the wives of the guys at my work. I really like all these people, and I love reading, but I have desire to sit around and talk about a book with them. How do I get out of this? Do I just not respond to the email or do I say I'm not really interested? I'm not in the office so I don't have to deal with it for a few days but they are eventually gonna ask me about it and I have no idea what to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tell her that you don't really have time to read anymore, but thanks for thinking of you....

misguidedmommy said...

easy, just tell them you've already joined a book club and it would be hard to juggle two books at once

Jen said...

I'm with both of the answers you've already gotten- say you don't have time because you're already in a book club. Or something... Just not having time is totally understandable.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shannon...a little white lie doesn't hurt anyone's feelings in this case.

Scott said...

Tell 'em you would rather lick the floor at a peep show than participate in this. But thanks for asking.

Or what the others said. ;-)