Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, May 26, 2008

A little glimpse into my life.

I have been making an effort to get a little more exercise and both for my sake and for the mental and physical health of my dog, I've been going on little hikes to replace our morning walks at least one day during the weekend. Here's a few pictures of our hike last weekend..(that you know, I forgot to post last weekend...).


My dog, probably thinking to herself "Mom, what the F are we doing? We are supposed to be walking...NOT driving!"

However, her thoughts were soon taken away from wondering what I had in mind, to staring down her arch enemy...the cat (sorry for the blurry pic).

Apparently, her arch enemies were out in full force this morning here's another one...

Sierra...on high alert due to the recent sightings of THE CAT'S
Galena Creek

An emerging Snow Plant...this one was just breaking through but they can grow to be 12-20" high on only last for a month or so during the early spring.
What else would my dog when confronted with water?

Umm...Trees

Sierra, doing what dogs do...sniff, sniff, sniff

A picture of me for good measure.
My dog...mid-graze, she likes to graze on fresh grass on occasion...just for fun, she's always done it and this is one of her favorite grazing spots.

Ummm, more trees...
So there we go, a little glimpse into what my Sunday morning's have consisted of lately.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

hey do you think maybe next weekend we can plan a group hike?

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous picture of that flower! I wish I had enough energy and motivation to go hiking.