Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tell me when exactly it got this difficult.

Eventually I do want to find Mr. Right. I want to find the guy who finds it cute that I walk around the house with purple plaid pj pants and a green flowered shirt on. I want to find the guy who will understand that I will do anything for him, if he just does my dishes. I want to find the guy who makes me laugh and who I can't imagine living with out. Eventually. Eventually as in when Mr. Dog Park Guy finally comes to his senses and realizes he wants to be the guy to do my dishes!

Right now. This evening, I just want to have sex. Mr. Man (this is how I will officially refer to this guy from now on) sent me a text message earlier tonight, "Hi" (which decoded for those of you not lucky enough to have a 'friend' means 'wanna fool around?'). I happened to be having drinks with some people and thus unavailable at the immediate moment. For the past few nights, the two of us have been playing this silly little game of texting each other, trying to find a time to say hi. However, we have been having timing difficulties. Meaning I don't get off work most nights until 7ish so by the time I get home, take my dog for a run and eat dinner, it's 9. But apparently Mr. Man has to be in bed by 9 so even though I would have made it to his house by 8:30, that wasn't good enough.

But then at about 8:45 I get this text message, "I'm in bed. Naked." Nice, seriously? After pretty much telling me I can't come over because you have to wake up early, you tell me this? And now he has to work tomorrow night. But seriously, I have to wake up early too, what sane person in their mid-20's can't stay up a little late for a booty call?

Seriously, when did it become so difficult just to meet up with a friend to say 'hi'?

2 comments:

kat said...

Hehe, his text wasa right tease and what guy can't make time for a booty call? He's gotta be in bed by nine?

misguidedmommy said...

k so am i wrong or isn't the dog park VERY close to where he lives AS IN VEEEEEEERY CLOSE. uhhh if you are running your dog tell me why exactly you dont just run him right over there hmmmmmmmmm?