Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Another Life...revisited

A while back I wrote this post. A few weeks ago this guy popped into the office to say hi. Since I wrote that last post he has changed jobs and I went to lunch with him more than six months ago. He was still happily married, to my dismay, at the time. When I first met him things were so natural with us, so easy. It was hard to believe he was married. If you remember, I originally found out he was married because I am a bit of a stalker curious and really liked him and searched for him on Myspace. Also my boss told me. The thing was, he never actually told me he was married. I always though it was strange that I had met this person that I could talk to, so comfortably, for hours and the one thing he could never say to me was that he was married. The one thing I could never say to him was that it was a shame he was married because I really thought we could have had something together and that I secretly hoped that his wife would cheat on him and he would divorce her and he would come looking for me and say he really loved me the whole time and was glad things turned out the way they did because he could be with me now. Because, you know, if his wife had the affair, then at least you know HE isn't the cheater but you also know he is over her because if he went to the point of getting divorced, he is ready to move on and life happily ever after with you.

So back to the fact that he stopped by my office a few weeks ago. And that practically the first thing he said to me (after me simply asking him how he had been) is that he found out his wife had been having an affair and they had promptly gotten divorced. Is it absolutely horrible of me that I couldn't get the smile off my face when he told me of his recent divorce? I'm absolutely horrible, I know. Except that he followed it up with some comment about "him and his girlfriend" and I suddenly got smacked back into the reality where he is not available to me. The reality where I missed my window of opportunity after he got divorced (god forbid in the exact manner I secretly hoped he would) and found someone new. Was this guy just put into my life to taunt me of a life I'll never have? Is he just the right guy at the wrong time? WTF? Seriously? Or he is really a prick and I should just be thankful that he's some other girl's problem?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Uh... Ummm... OMFG Ginger!!! He's not remarried!! Until there's a ring on his finger he's single!! Break them up! Go get him!!