Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A glimpse into my mind...

At my work, on occasion, we have to use our local competitor because they offer a few services that we do not, that unfortunately we have not started offering yet. So yesterday I had to go to their office to ... umm...'request some services" (I'm trying to be general, as to not give away too much about where I work, although I'm sure I've probably already mentioned details, but oh well...). I don't like our competitor. For the obvious reasons that they are, well, my company's primary local competition. But mainly because the people that work for this company suck-ass. They are rude, they are inconsiderate and they are just plain assholes. And I realize that I work for the competition, but to them, I should be another customer. I bring them work, we pay them money. I am a customer. But they treat me like shit. Which isn't surprising, because they treat all of the customers this way. Which (to get in a little bragging) is why many of their customers start using us. Anywho...I went to their office and when I turned in to their driveway, smack dab in the middle of their driveway, was a road-kill skunk. Their entire parking area smelled skunkish and they had roadkill in their driveway!

Now the point of my post. I found this incredibly satisfying. I hate them, and I LOVED the fact that they had a nasty road-kill skunk stinking up their parking lot and that even though it was 4 in the afternoon, no-one had take the effort to remove it, or even push it to the side. So every one of their customers had to drive over it, and smell it, while visiting their office. So gross...but so satisfying. I never said I wasn't a little sick and twisted.

No comments: