Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Since when did Corporate America get to decide if I should or shouldn't be eating those donuts?

The other day on my way to work I was (for once) running a little early, and I was hungry, so instead of going and getting something healthy to eat, I decided to go get Krispy Kreme donuts for me for my work. I pull up to my local Krispy Kreme and pull in to the drive through. I pull up to the speaker to place my order and look up to notice the menu is missing. Well shit! How am I going to order if I don't know what to order? I sit there waiting for the magical donut fairy on the other end to ask me what I want. As I'm sitting there, I start thinking to myself: Mmmm, those buttery yummy donuts will taste so good. I wonder how many I can eat before I get to work. I wonder if I should even bother bringing any into my work. But I can't buy a dozen for myself. Well, ok, I COULD. But I shouldn't. Gosh, this is taking a long time. They must be busy. I wonder where their menu is. It's probably got vandalized and is out getting repaired or something. Mmmm, donuts. Geesh, ok, this really is taking a long time." Finally I speak up, "Hello? Hello?" Ugg, by this point I am no longer early so I decide that I don't really need the donuts and pull forward to drive out of the drive-thru.

And it's also not until I pull up and drive past the pick-up window that I see this sign: " Sorry for the inconvenience but this Krispy Kreme location has closed." Hmmm, I guess the missing menu makes a little more sense now. All in all, I probably sat there for like 5 minutes. And when I mentioned this episode to some friends, they were like, 'duh, it's been closed for like a month!"

I wonder how many other people have done this? I wonder if they ever considered putting the stupid fucking sign on the speaker where you place your order?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you ever watch the news? They went brankrupt!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious tho!

misguidedmommy said...

i'm glad you posted this!

Stephanie said...

I had no idea it was closed...but have never once been there. That is some funny shit!!!