Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm making up for not posting by posting like a zillion times tonight...

I was tagged by Patty for this Book Meme. I, as well, LOVE books. Believe it or not, but I had more boxes of books when I moved into my condo than I did boxes of shoes. Hard to believe, I know!

Here are the Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people & post a comment here once you post it to your blog, so I can come see.

First of all, I had a really hard time picking a book because the closest books were all on my ottoman and I had 6 books sitting there. Yes, 6 books sitting on my ottoman, all of which I have started reading, admittedly two of them were cookbooks (yes, I read cook books like I do novels).

But I choose Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho because is the only one that I have actually finished.

Page 123: "So, he was rich and single. They went into a hall from which a staircase ascended to the second floor, but they went straight ahead to the two rooms at the back that looked into the garden. There was a crowded dining table in one of the rooms, and the walls were crowded with painings."

I now tag: Dyan, Jen, Babba Unknown and any two other people who read my blog that I can't think of right now, it's too late for my to figure out who to tag.

No comments: