Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I lost my mojo...or cook-jo..or whatever

I am a pretty decent cook. I mean, I enjoy my food, my friends enjoy my food, my parents enjoy my food. I've always been better at baking and making sweets than actually cooking but all in all, I'm a pretty good cook.

Not this fucking week. I seem to have lost my mojo in the kitchen because my meals this week have sucked ass. Tonight I tried to make steak and peppers with rice. I made this exact same dish like a week and a half ago. IT ROCKED LAST TIME I MADE IT! This time, umm, not so much. And I don't understand because I did everything exactly the same, but this time the steak was overcooked and tough, the sauce didn't taste quite right and, well, I ended up eating mostly rice with melted butter for dinner. Monday night I tried to make some rendition of chili-cheese burritos...they also sucked ass. Well, they were edible but by no means food I would feed to anybody except myself, and I threw away the leftovers because I couldn't imagine eating it again. UGGGGG, I am so frustrated because like I said, I'm normally a pretty good cook but I am totally off my game this week.

Maybe I should just bake cakes and cookies instead, who needs actual food for dinner? Chocolate cake for dinner anyone?

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

I;LL BE AT YOUR PLACE FOR DINNER

Dyan said...

OMG.... at least you can cook.... shit, I am LOST... but I wanna begin trying... right now, I am looking at a recipe for spicy chicken cacciatore for two... but I dont know about the polenta.... I'm thinking noodles....

Anonymous said...

I hope your cook-jo come back soon...oh by the way chocolate cake for dinner...NICE!

Ginger said...

Dy: you have a serious fear of polenta don't you? If I remember correctly, I finished off your polenta when us girls when out to dinner last time...I think you need to get over it, polenta is fabulous!