Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I am so weak...

First of all, I realize I have been totally MIA. I guess I haven't been in much of a blogging mood and haven't really had much to talk about. I've just been into laying low and not doing much (which is why my suitcase from my trip to Mexico still lies mostly unpacked in my spare room).

However, I thought I would share this 'a minute in the life of Ginger' moment. So lately I haven't been eating many sweets. For me this is out of the ordinary. I normally always have a little something sweet after dinner but I've been pretty good about, if I am full, not eating anything else. I've also been cooking and eating pretty good food since I got back from my trip. Today though...not so good.

I went to lunch about 2 hours ago. I went to a burrito place in town and polished off most of a very large burrito. After this I got in my car to go back to work and this INCREDIBLE craving for something sweet came over me. And not anything would do. All I wanted was a Chocolate glazed donut from Krispy Kreme...just one. So I drove like 20 minutes in the other direction from where I ate lunch to get this f-ing donut. Luckily I had plenty of time. TIME = TROUBLE. As I got closer, I also realized there was a frozen yogurt place and Marie Calendar's (i.e. COCONUT CREME PIE HEAVEN) right around the corner. I almost exploded because I was having this horrible sweet craving and was giving in to but couldn't make up my mind about what I wanted. I eventually went to Marie Calendars for a piece of pie. Only they are an evil company that decided that 1 slice of pie is $3.59+tax and this month AN ENTIRE PIE is $5.99+tax. SERIOUSLY FUCKERS I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW. So I fucking bought an entire coconut creme pie. WHY THE HELL DO I NEED AN ENTIRE PIE. I left MC feeling shameful and degraded because I just bought an entire pie. An entire pie that I theoretically could have shared with my office. But I am an evil pie obsessed person by this point in time and DO NOT want to share my pie. About halfway back to my office I realize that I didn't get a fucking fork. So now I have no way to eat ANY of my pie until I get home tonight, because remember, I don't want to share my pie so I therefore cannot bring it inside my office. So I might have found myself opening the lid to the pie box and sticking my finger in it to scoop out a little bit of coconut creme yumminess. Then I might have found myself doing it again. And again. And once more as I pulled into my parking lot. Now I have a pie hiding shamefully in the trunk of my car. That I realized I could bring with me for dessert because I am having dinner at Misguided Mommy's house tonight. I would just have to cut around the part that I stuck my fingers in. But that would bring me full cicle to the whole issue of having to share my pie. HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I SOOOOO SHOULD HAVE NOT BOUGHT THE PIE IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!

Welcome to my day today!

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

ahem...i'm guilty of this multiple times. however...coconut doesnt have any chocolate on it so i wont steal your pie!

Jen said...

Heh!! I totally feel ya! I hate sharing pie!

Anonymous said...

pie I can share...i'm not a fan but try and pry my chocolate cake out of my handle...no way!