Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Summer Read's

Since I have nothing better to talk about tonight, I figured I would share with you some of my favorite books (in no particular order...I wouldn't want one to think I was favoring any of the others).

Rain of Gold by Victor Villasenor is one of the most beautifully written books I have ever read. It is a great book about the love of families and how much people endure and how much they can overcome.

Suzanne's Diary for Nicolas by James Patterson...all I have to say is be ready to shed a tear.

Hot Pink by Susan Johnson, this is one for the single girls (or the girls who want to pretend they are living a crazy, single life as a sexy city gal for 295 pages. Warning, this one is a little dirty.

Reinventing Mona by Jennifer Coburn. What girl doesn't want to escape for 314 pages and read about another women trying to find out who she is and what makes her tick.

And my final 3 are both written by Jennifer Weiner. Jennifer Weiner is one of my favorite writers. On top of writing chick fiction like Good in Bed, In Her Shoes and Little Earthquakes, she has also written a book called A Very Hungry Girl about her battle with and overcoming of eating disorders and how she has taken what she learned and is helping others.

1 comment:

Humor Girl said...

i LOVED "Good in Bed"!! Great book!! Here via Misguided Mommy