Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Apparently I rock!



And all this time I just thought I was typing to myself! Misguided Mommy (who is definately a Rockin' Girl Blogger) thinks that I deserve this. It could be because, I am pretty sure, she is my only reader and one of my best friends (in real life, not just in my mind) so she is really just making me feel better about myself but reading back through what I've written, I have had a few classics that even make me laugh when I go back and read them.

Part of the responsibility of this award with to nominate 5 other bloggers who you think deserve this award. Here are some blogging chicks that I think deserve a mention:

1) Momster's blog is more of a photo journal but her photos are always beautiful and her twin sons are adorable. Seeing her photo diaries of her life in Paris makes me want to leave my life behind and become some cool city dwelling chick.

2) Since I am still relatively new to this whole blog world, I only have a few blogs that I consistently read but one of my new favorite mommy blogs is written by Weekday Wisdom (does it count if someone has already nominated them?). Her writing is witty and graceful, even when she is talking about poo.

3) Another repeat but I have been hooked since I started reading because to see what Karla's Untangling Knots has been through and to see that she still is living and loving her life always puts a smile on my face. Plus I can totally relate to her big dog issues!

4) This one I just starting reading it but how can I not bond with her, based solely on the title of her blog of course...It's Just the Coffee Talking. She loves coffee, random facts and she seems to be a bit of a smart ass. A woman after my own heart.

5) My final entry is The Domestic Goddess. Because it is about food, and it's funny. Do I have to have another reason? Ok, the pictures are to die for...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Holy crap! I found your blog randomly and boy was I shocked to see a reference to my own writing! Thanks for the shout out (thank heavens people appreciate my poo stories because I was starting to worry that I'd chased all of my readers away!)