Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Friday, July 27, 2007

I bet you thought I was dead?

I am no longer MIA...I've returned to the blogging world.

You missed me didn't you?

At this point most of you probably thought that I either died or decided to give it all up and not return from my vacation (I wanted to...not return from my vacation, that is) but here I am. I didn't blog all week because I ,quite honestly, just couldn't get the motivation to write, instead I've spent most of the last few nights laying on my couch doing nothing...recovering from my vacation.

I've decided instead of boring you with the mundane details of my vacation, I will highlight the things I feel are worthwhile, because, well, this is my blog.

  • The vacation started out with a boring an uneventful drive to San Marcos, CA with my mom and grandma (dad's mom). I say uneventful for me because I remembered to bring earplugs so when we stayed the night over in Bishop I got a great's night sleep while my grandma and mom kept each other up all night snoring. They were a little cranky the next day.
  • On Friday my aunt got married. I don't particularly get along with my aunt. She is a very religious person. I am not. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand how religion, faith and the whole organized religion thing can work for people, but it just doesn't do it for me. My aunt is a very close minded, spiteful person who likes to dress up and play "Nice Christian" all the while thinking that my mom, dad, sister and I are probably devil worshipping sinners who are most definitely going to hell. Well this may be true (read the next one), but if I am going to hell it is going to be for something more sinful (and dirty) than not being a hateful person who hides behind my religion instead of having intelligent conversations and accepting her family for who they are, not who she thinks they need to be.
  • At my aunt's wedding, a full hour and a half long Catholic mass ceremony (her husband apparently is Catholic) all I could think to myself were the following things (1) DO NOT fall asleep, (2) DO NOT yawn again and (3) I would really like to do nasty things to/have nasty things done to me by the one hot guy that I am not related to in the ___________ (fill in the blank, an hour and half left me imagining having nasty things done to me in every possible location, including the church...I already warned you, if I'm going to hell, I'm making it worth it!).
  • My sister (or my sister's boyfriend, still have completely determined which one was the mastermind) tried to set me up with my sister's boyfriends friend. Does my family really not think that I can smell fix-ups from a mile away by now? At least my sister (or her boyfriend, I am pretty sure her boyfriend was the mastermind) has better taste than my mom, my grandma, my boss, etc. The guy was pretty cool, however he lives 10 hours away so in my opinion the whole thing was a waste of time. And to put the cherry on the sundae, one of my relatives (my mom's cousins' husband, I have no idea what that makes her to me...my second cousin twice removed vanilla half caf latte...damn, sorry lost my train of thought...back to the subject) asked me the next day "so did anything happen between you to, did you guys hook up or anything?" Seriously, seriously? This was only overshadowed by the same women saying to my sister's boyfriend, right as she was about to leave "Well I will see you next time, that is if you are still around."
  • The remainder of the trip included my sister, mom and I making jokes about my aunt's first night as a married women (oh wait, I forgot to mention that she was (is still?) a born again virgin...when she got super religious about 10 years ago, she, well, yeah, I find it hard to believe she hasn't even, well, yeah..not once but whatever) and doing things like getting bubble tea (I love this stuff and have to get my fill because Reno doesn't have one) and alternating between sitting by the pool and going to the beach. Hard life, I know!
  • After San Marcos, I flew to Seattle to visit my friend and meet up with 3 other girls (5 of us all together, her fiance was such a sport to put up with us). We spent most of the time drinking (coffee or alcohol, or both), eating, dodging the rain and just all together having a grand old time having a girls weekend. It was a blast!

Wow, I am impressed you are still reading...I would have been off watching TV by now...in fact I did just go watch an entire episode of Grey's Anatomy before I could finish this blog.

  • Back to Seattle, I went to Mt. Rainer (although it was partly cloudy so I could only see the bottom of it), and then we all went to the aquarium, Pike's Place Market (like 3 times), we went on an underground tour of Seattle (the actually history of it is more interesting than the tour was) and like I said, we ate and ate.
  • On Sat. night (our last night there), we went to this really cool restaurant that I won't share the name of because is defiantly a locals place but i will give you a hint about the name: (first word) a color somewhere between red and white and (second word) an opening in a house that you enter and exit through. They had great food, great drinks and a burlesque show, all little bit of everything. Did you guess the name yet? If not, here's a hint.

Well in a nutshell (or a whole peanut farm), there is my vacation.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

WAIT..YOU AREN'T A DEVIL WORSHIPER, HUH, I DON'T THINK WE CAN BE FRIENDS ANYMORE WHAT WITH ALL MY CRAZY DEVIL WORSHIPING ANTICS.

Jen said...

Wow! I really was wondering if you would EVER post again?! Sounds like you had a pretty good vacation! But OMG UGH I feel ya on the yawning through the Catholic wedding. Blah.