Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, July 2, 2007

The neighboorly thing to do...

...is to not answer your door when someone knocks on it. Well apparently that is what my downstairs neighbors think. My downstairs neighbors are an elderly couple, very elderly, but they have always seemed nice enough. That is until the ignored my attempts to use their neighbourly niceness of making a phone call.

You are probably asking yourself why I was knocking on my elderly downstairs neighbors door on a Sunday afternoon anyways. Well because none of my younger (and probably more aptly to answer their doors) neighbors were home. Now you are probably asking yourself, why the hell doesn't Ginger just tell us why she insisted on knocking on all of her neighbors doors on a Sunday afternoon.

Because I locked myself out of my condo. My second story condo. My second story condo with the screen door WIDE open, but unable to get to. Yup....and this is not the first time this has happened, although last time I happened to have my purse with me, with my cell phone inside. This time I had nothing except my dog and her leash.

I do have one neighbor that was home, who I eventually went to visit to use her phone, however I was avoiding that because she caught me sitting on my steps waiting for my dad to show up with my spare key last time I locked myself out...I was trying to avoid that humiliation.

I wish I lived on the first story, at least then I could break into my own house if needed. Or, you know, I could just hide a spare key somewhere in my development...since this seems to be a habit of mine...maybe in the dog run where they hide a tennis ball...

No comments: