Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, July 9, 2007

Random Memories...

Today I had a bunch of time to think because I pretty much spent the whole day by myself (driving then doing some field work for my job). It always amazes me what my mind recalls when I have nothing imparticular to think about. Here are a few of the random memories I recalled today.

During my freshman and sophomore years in college I had a guy I would call when, well you know when (wink wink, nudge nudge). One night, he called and I decided to over to his house (since I still lived with my parents). Even though I was technically an adult, I didn't think telling my parents I was leaving at 11pm on a weekend "to drive across town for a piece of ass" was very appropriate, so I told them I was going to my friend's bf's house to hang out with them and go in their hot tub. Fast forward 2 hours. When I got home, even though my parents weren't awake, I felt it necessary to get my hair wet so I took a bottle of water from my car and got my hair all wet so I would look like I had been in a hot tub. Yeah, I have no idea what I was thinking.

Skinny dipping off the coast of La Manzanilla, Mexico in the middle of the night with bioluminescent plankton (or algae or whatever) in the water. This possibly is one of the coolest moments of my life, every time you moved the water all around you would light up, like glitter flickering in the light. It was so beautiful.

One night in middle school (or maybe elementary school) my friends and I were hanging out in my bedroom. We had snuck one of the older boys from the neighborhood into my room and we were just hanging out. Suddenly my mom knocked on my door and we panicked and covered him in my stuffed animals and pillows and we proceeded to lay all over him like we were just lying around on the ground on a pile of pillows. To this day I don't think my mom realized there was a guy in my room that night (although there are plenty of other nights that we thought we were SO cool and had gotten away with it when in reality my mom knew he whole time).

When I was in high school I went skiing one day at a local ski resort. I was using the bathroom facilities (so much fun in ski boots BTW) and there were these 2 kids in the stall next to me. I never saw them but they were probably 6 or 7. They were in the stall giggling like all little girls do when they get together and all the sudden one of them screams "I just freed my willy". Mind you, they were both girls and it was when the movie Free Willy was very popular. I still to this day do not completely understand what she was talking about but I still find it hilarious when I think about it because she was SOOO excited when she said it.

Like I said, just random memories...no point at all really.

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

sooooo funny. i love it. gosh we always had guys in your room. tom was always there and we were never there, we were always sneaking out to billys house...

misguidedmommy said...

and the world wonders why i wasn't blessed with a daughter

Stephanie said...

That is awesome!