Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Total Chaos

The title said it all. That what the following words are going to be...total chaos (much resembling my life at the moment):

  • You know you've probably worked too many hours in a week (47 hours currently, it will probably be around 57 by the end of my work week tomorrow) when getting in your car to drive home you realize that you just threw your Ipod shuffle and your FM transmitter in the dumpster outside your work. Hey, at least I realized it before it was too late. Oddly, it was the second time this afternoon I had to dig threw garbage to get something I needed.
  • Damn it, I swear I had a whitty factoid for my second bullet.
  • I hate training new employees. Especially when they are my 'kind-of' replacement (as she not-so-confidently-with-questioning-in-her-voice-likeshewasn'tquitesurewhatshegotherselfinto mentioned this afternoon). Did I mention (probably not) that I am changing positions at my work. I am staying with the same company, but have decided to move over into Sales and Marketing as of Sept. 1st.
  • Memphis and I had a record-breaking sexercise class this past Friday. So our normal routine is to attack each other the second he walks through my door, have sex, then lounge around and chat for a while, then have sex again, then lounge around again, then if it's a good night, have sex again. Normally this whole routine lasts a few hours. This past Friday, he got to my house around 10:30pm...he left around 2:30pm...there was no talking. Well, there was talking but nothing I'm about to share here. And it never lasted long. You knew I had to through a juicy detail in my chaotic post.
  • I went to Las Vegas for work on Monday. Just for the day. It was a good day. Mostly because it started out with me standing in the airport security line behind a women with a 1 1/2 foot long giant zucchini in her purse. Have you ever seen that episode of Sex and the City where Carrie gets called for jury duty and there is the guy with the briefcase who has a random piece of fruit (like a mango, and a coconut and a pineapple) in his briefcase everyday? That's what this reminded me of. Or maybe it was 5:15am and I was delirious. Or maybe it was a combination of the 2. I also got to eat at Panera (mmmmm) and eat coconut frozen yogurt for my lunch-dessert. It was a good day. Long, but good.
  • I am super stressed out about some financial stuff that I'm not quite ready to talk about. And some personal stuff too. I will, but not yet. This is probably why I haven't had much to blog about.
  • Before right now, I haven't done my dishes since this past Thursday (yup, 7 days!). And yes, I had dishes. Lots of them. I was almost disgusted with my own nastiness. Almost. Fear not, I have a clean kitchen finally. Well, my dishes are done anyways.
  • I'm exhausted and I'm going to bed.

No comments: