Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So the world hasn't collapse, but some days it just feels like it might.

Everyone has those days. Days where the fucking shit hits the fan and you just feel like crawling in bed, pulling the covers over your head and waiting for the storm to pass. Of course, anyone who, well has anything going on in their lives can't do that. But it's all started to settle, it's all starting to work itself out, like it always does. But it sure sucks when it hits the fan.

Last Monday was, well, one of those days. As a side note, all that's running through my head is that early 90's song "Just One of Those Days" by Monica.

So obviously Memphis is leaving soon, which sucks. This has been a crazy adventure that I was not at all prepare for, and I'm dealing with the aftermath of what happens when life happens to you, before you realize what's going on!

I was also still stressed out about my friend stuff going on, that I'm not gonna go into. It's not something I feel comfortable talking about it on my blog, at least not right now, but on top of those 2 things (Memphis leaving and this friend stuff), the following stuff all contributed to my insatiable desire to bury myself in my big, comfortable bed and never come out.

The day started out with some frustrating issues with my job. I'm in the process of changing positions and while I'm not gonna go into details about it, let's just leave it at it was a 'bad' work day.

My dad hasn't been feeling great for the past few weeks. After my mom mentioned his symptoms to a friend of her's, we suspected he has diabetes. This was confirmed this week and is not quite as serious as we first thought it might be. Luckily diabetes is a relatively manageable disease, but it is a dramatic life change for my dad, for my parents, for our family. It's something we will learn to life with, but finding out about just another ummm....I'm obviously not having one of my brilliant writing days because I can't think of a metaphor so we will just go with it added another match to the fire (does that work, I'm too tired to even figure out if that makes sense or not!).

I also made the mistake of finally asking my parents what the lump we had removed from my dog's paw a while ago (did I ever even mention that? My dog has a huge lump - ok, grape sized- that appeared on one of her front paws removed about a month and a half ago. The vet took forever to biopsy it and I kind of forgot about asking about what it actually was). It turns out that it was cancerous, but the vet said they removed it all and the rest of her bloodwork looked good so they weren't worried. But as I sat there playing with my pup that night I noticed another small lump on her other front paw. I fully admit that I could TOTALLY be over-reacting because I am worried it something serious, but it was like the straw that broke the camels back. After the day I had had, it was just too much. I was done, I couldn't handle anymore.

Since then, everything is working itself out, in one way or another, but thought I should share since I have been MIA for more than a week!

1 comment:

Dyan said...

whenever your comfortable.... just let it out babygirl... I know first hand how difficult it is to keep things inside and maintain a life, you'll erupt and I sure dont want that to happen to you... you'll feel beter if you let it out babycakes! I am thinking of you...