Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm glad I have a friend like this in my life...

Yesterday Shannon from Misguided Mommy and me were texting back and forth. The conversation originally started out with some serious stuff, but turned...umm...not so serious when I brought up a memory from when we were in high school (she had this great idea one night to put foam curlers in my hair...when we took them out in the morning I looked like I had gotten a bad perm and, if I remember correctly, might have started crying, or at least gotten really pissy, that I had to go to school with my hair like that). We were chatting about me being stressed because I am doing my own hair for a wedding this weekend that I am a bridesmaid in because I don't have the money to spend to get it done and then the conversation went something like this:

Shan's Cell: Hmmmm fri maybe we can try n do it if you want
Me: Thanks I think i am gonna screw with it tonite or tomor so if I really can't figure it out i might still be able to get it done
Me: And ummm the last time i trusted u with my hair u used foam curlers n i ended up with poodle curls
Shan's Cell: Shush butt nugget I was thinking a nice updo ass
Me: Ha i know just thought i would bring that up for my own entertainment
Shan's Cell: Y think it soooio funny
Me: U suck at texting
Shan's Cell: U suck at risotto
Me: Ugg that was harsh. But true. Sometimes the turth hurts :'C
Shan's Cell: Muahahahaha
Me: U r evil

Any of you who know Shannon know she can be ummm..."a name caller"...yeah, we'll go with that. Any chance she gets she'll call you a slut-muffin, a butt nuggett or a whore-bucket. Anyone who really knows her, knows she does this out of love. Those who don't know her many times find this offensive and she's had many an akward moment with new friends because they don't quite know how to respond to her...umm...'name calling'. And really, her talent for pulling harsh comments like 'u suck at risotto' out of no-where is uncanny, no-one else knows my dream of one day actually being able to make a good risotto except her...I try and I try...and I fail and I fail...

...just good to know I have friends in my life that I can have this sort of "mature" conversation with.

Do you have a friend lke this in your life that you have this sort of comfortable, ridiculousless with? Tell me your stories, stories like this one, that I am sure no-one except the 2 of you would really find funny?

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I STOOD THERE STARING AT MY PHONE TRYING TO THINK OF SOMETHING YOU SUCKED AT. FIRST I WANTED TO GO OBVIOUSLY DIRTY. THEN I JUST HIT ME...RISOTTO AND I KNEW I HAD SCORED A GOOD COME BACK...YOU KNOW UNLIKE...I'M RUBBER YOUR GLUE