Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly...

I know I've probably lost a lot of my loyal readers out there (even Misguided Mommy has stopped harassing me about my lack of writing). When I first started this blog, I noticed I was generally writing about happy stuff, or funny stuff, or maybe just plain old boring stuff, but I rarely wrote about the bad stuff. The ugly stuff. Which should answer your question about why I haven't been writing much lately. Now trust when I say that I KNOW, in comparison to many peoples lives, the bad stuff that's been going on in mine is minor and will be a minor slice in the whole pie that will become my life when it's all said and done, but none the less, my life has been pretty sucky lately.

I've never been one to dwell on the less desirable parts of my life so I find it hard to talk about them, I always have (ask any of my friends...I don't talk, I silently contemplate and then cry myself to sleep). But I am going to start talking about the things, all of them, that have been going on lately. I'll probably bore you to tears, and you'll probably think I'm a self-loathing egomaniac who doesn't have anything better to think about but oh well, it's my life and maybe, something will ring true with one of my readers and maybe help them through a similar situation. Because trust me, some of this stuff, friend problems, money problems, and well, just life in general happens to everyone and hopefully by writing about it will I not only help myself through all of it, I might help someone else to.

5 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

ya'll Ginger does not talk!!!

Lately she's been telling me stuff and I shit you not all I do is tell my husband and mom GINGER IS TALKING TO ME!!
ME!!

ABOUT STUFF!

I never say what stuff, just that there is stuff, but seriously this is huge. You should all feel privileged! I sure as shit know I do

Dyan said...

Yes, let's get some of that stuff out there... I hope it will help... seems to work for me, even when you cant fix a problem, talking about it sometimes helps.

Anonymous said...

"Every person is their own world." My mom always says that, so who is to say that something you are going through is any less "serious" than something any one else is going through. It's important to you and you should express yourself. Your friends are here to listen and share things with you. I'm glad you are going to let us in =) especially since Shannon tells me we are a lot a like.

Scott said...

You can read all about my crap, I put it out there because it is therapeutic, and because there are a few people who do offer advice and are good internet friends who genuinely want to try and help.

misguidedmommy said...

i love how a month ago you promised to write on here and yet NOTHING for like three weeks

not even pictures of
ooo i dunno
CUPCAKES