Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Can I just say...

...that I feel like the clumsiest person in the world right now! In the past 2 weeks I have committed the following acts of (accidental) self-mutilation:

  • Cutting my left hand middle finger with a J.K. Henkel (very nicely sharpened) knife while trying to mince garlic.
  • Slammed my ring finger on my right hand between my sliding glass door and something that was apparently very sharp, quickly puncturing my fingertip and bruising my nail bed.
  • Hurting my ankle in an accident that I still can't pin-point, it is swollen and hurts like a bitch.
  • Stubbing my pinky tow on my left food so badly that i now have a blood blister underneath my nail bed.
  • Scraping my big toe on my right foot while trying to dust (see!!!! this is what I get for trying to clean!!!).
  • And...possibly the worst (or at least most painful), I just got a paper cut on one of my fingers!

Seriously, I need to take a vacation from work...and life...and just live in my big squishy bed where nothing can hurt me!

No comments: