Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Letting Dallas redeem himself...just a little bit

I haven't written about the going on's of my bedroom too much lately. Obviously, being out of town as much as I have been, things have been a little slower than normal in that department. I am still seeing Memphis. Quite a bit. Well, not that much, but 1-2 times a week. I like him. A lot. But we are keeping things as is right now, casual and fun. Because that works for us. For now. But we will leave that for a whole 'nother post when I am ready to dive into that.

On that note, I have still been seeing (or trying to see) Dallas once in a while. I actually haven't seen him since the night this happened. But we've been playing text-tag for a few weeks...The reality that is my life is that I didn't date or ANYTHING for a very long time. And I'm not ready to settle down with someone, I want to enjoy, and explore, different people. Everyone has their good (and their bad) and I kind of hope I can learn something about myself from the different people in my life (this includes these guys, and everyone else in my life!). Sooo, before I left for vacation Dallas and I were going to hang out one night. He ended up never showing up, which was fine because honestly I was too busy to see him, and didn't actually notice he was 'late' until like 2 hours after he was supposed to show up. So I sent him a text message giving him a hard time about it and it turns out he passed out (asleep) after work. Anywho, we were going to hang out on Sunday night when he got back from camping and I sent him a message about an hour before he was going to come over to see if he could come a little later. He wrote back saying "4sure, why what's up?"

Me: not much, just had to do something today and took me longer than I thought
Him: You sure you want to hang out tonight?
Me: Yeah, why, do you?
Him: Truthfully I am pretty tired but I don't want to flake on you again.
Me: You know what, no worries, lets do it another night
Him: Ok, you sure?
Me: Yeah, I kind of in a shitty mood anyways and not really up for it.

So, I didn't really mention it, but I was in fact in a very shitty mood. I'm not going to go into details because I am over it now, but I was pissed off about something on Sunday and really just wanted to mope around and be pissy.

Then my phone rang. It was Dallas calling. When I answered he was like "Are you sure you're ok? What's going on?" So I tried to skate around it and not really tell him what was going on. But he wasn't gonna have any of that. He kept probing until I dished about what I was in a pissy mood about. And it was kind of nice. I've never been in a relationship, not that I am in anyway in a relationship with him, where you just talk about your shit, the good, bad and ugly. And it was kind of nice. And even though Dallas is a Bush loving red-neck, he really is a decent guy. So I just thought I would give him a chance to redeem himself a little bit after my last post about him.

3 comments:

Dyan said...

yes... as I am slowly finding out.... it is wonderful to have someone who really wants to know what is going on in your brain and wnats you to just lete it out... and whats funny, is mine wasn't even my hubby (at first)... the person on the receiving end doesnt have to be a boyfriend, or a lover, or whatever.... just a someone there who cares is such a great thing. Glad he redeemed himself... cause that was very cool. And glad to hear about your escapdes, always keeps me interested.... keep posting ~

Stephanie said...

It is very nice knowing someone cares about how you feel and how your day was. I would, however, not put up with much more of the "I passed out after work" thing. I had one like that and it turns out, he was out with some other girl every time. I hope Dallas is nothing like that. Just thinking of you though. Have fun though and keep experimenting!

Anonymous said...

Are you ever coming back?